Sunday, January 15, 2017

REVLITE FROM SKIN 101 REVIEW


About my skin condition: 
* Dull
* Puffy Eyes/Dark Circles
* Creases around the mouth
* Icepick Scars
* Blemishes/Post Acne Marks
* Large Pores
* Acne-prone
* Oily

Because of age, a plethora of trial and errors with beauty products my skin struggled a lot. It looked more tired and dull in the process even under all the makeup. So, I went to the nearest and affordable but quality clinic. My first plan was to go for the PIXEL. This was Skin 101's version of Fraxel. It costs around 8k php per session however with just one it already shows a BIG difference on skin's texture and overall condition. The thing is though, downtime will take you about 5-7days. There will be peeling and flaking of skin as I've observed and read in other blogs. My work cannot allow that much downtime since it was already the "ber" months  and a constant slew of events just keep coming in. So, I searched for another alternative and found out about Revlite. Actually, I already had knowledge on this but never realized that it was also perfect for my skin condition. I thought it was only for patients with already great skin and just needs a touch of glow. But, man was I wrong!

Here's a brief description on Revlite by Campbell Patch:

What is Revlite Treatment?


The treatment is a non-invasive procedure that uses beam of light as high-energy pulse to disintegrate melanin deposits. The revlite laser is applied to remove any kind of scar or discoloration like acne spots, sun tans, age spots, liver marks, sun freckles or even a tattoo. Further, the laser promotes collagen growth underneath the skin. This results in firmer and younger looking skin.
DETAILED INFO ON MY REVLITE EXPERIENCE ON FACE FROM SKIN 101:
SKIN 101 Package: 3,000 php per session inclusive of CLEANING, DIAMOND PEEL AND REVLITE TONING.
15,000 php package: 5 REVLITE SESSIONS + 2 FREE SESSIONS = 7 SESSIONS.(save 6k) Package also includes: CLEANING, DIAMOND PEEL AND REVLITE TONING.
PREPARATION: Do not use topical medications such as astringents, tretinoin, clindamycin, etc. 3 days before the treatment.
DOWNTIME: None. You can already wash your face with a mild soap/cleanser. Use of topical medications will have to cease for 3 days after Revlite treatment. Do wear sunblock too and moisturizer!
POST-TREATMENT EFFECTS: Slight redness or red patches on face. Skin is sensitive and would sting a little.  Skin might breakout but, do not despair it will dry up in a few days.
WILL IT HURT?: It's like small warm needles touching your skin. From a pain scale of 1-10, 10 being the most painful I'll rate it at 3-4. Make sure your skin is not sensitive at that time because the lasers will feel hotter and more stinging. 
BOOKING: Set an appointment at least a day before because they are usually fully booked on the day itself.
BRANCH THAT I GO TO: Skin 101 Alabang Town Center & Laser 360 Dermatology and Laser Clinic in McKinley Rd, Forbes Park  (also Skin 101's branch under a different name).
DO I NEED A PRESCRIPTION FROM THE DOCTOR FIRST?: No need. Walk-in patients are accommodated and may avail of the treatment as long as there is an available slot.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED?: Maybe 5-10 for maximized results. But with one session you will already have that post-effect glow, rejuvenated skin and slightly visible changes on skin texture.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICS:
BEFORE PICS:

 

AFTER:
CHANGES ON SCARRING, BLEMISHES and OVERALL SKIN CONDITION
1st REVLITE SESH
(October 2016)


POST-GLOW EFFECT 

1st SESSION (October 2016)

                                          1st day                                                 2nd day


4th day
* Glow remains for weeks and almost permanently with proper maintenance.

* Slight scabbing/redness from facial cleaning.

* A few breakouts from Revlite treament


NOW AFTER 6th SESSION of REVLITE
PICTURE TAKEN JANUARY 6, 2017. 
No filter. Proper lighting. Taken from a Fujifilm XT10 camera. RAW.

 

Might be going for 7-10 sessions in total to get maximum benefits. What could I say but, I am VERY HAPPY AND WOWED by the results. I've noticed that my facial hairs have become bleached/blonde. My skin remained glowing until now. Something I would like to try on my underarms in the future. It is my lifelong dream to go makeup free! Before I couldn't even handle a day without makeup outside because of my flawed skin. But I received a miracle thanks to Revlite! It takes a lot of time and patience but it's all worth it!

PINK PARADOX: I will talk about my new skin care routine to maintain this glow and control acne.

4 comments:

  1. do they really lighten ( post Acne marks ) i have done my 2 sessions of revlite already. i can still see the visible marks, should i wait?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the severity of the marks and how long it was left untreated. It will take a few more sessions and weeks after the treatment for the blemishes (whatever clotted there) go down the drainage. 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi did it help ur pores
    U look so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog... how about the ice pick scars?

    ReplyDelete