Friday, February 6, 2015

My Skin Care Routine: Belo Prescriptives


I know a lot of you have been struggling with acne not only during our puberty years but some haunts us until in our 20's onwards which is what you call, adult acne! 6 years that I have battled with acne not just the T-zone area but the cheeks as well. So yes, that's all of the possible areas where zits can grow on my face. Though I can't find any more pictures to show you but, eww, right?
There were only 3 products that worked best for me which I will also reveal to you later on but right now, I will be focusing on Belo Prescriptives.


First of all I wanna tell you how amiable the staff are. They would even serve you water, coffee or juice while waiting inside the clinic. Not bashing or anything but, basing on my personal experience, most of online dealers or that are not yet well-known are snobs or have attitude problems. It's like they're the ones who's doing you a favor when you are the one paying them. Being in sales before, I've learned how to be humble and respect the client no matter what especially that you are the person representing the brand. Well, Belo really does live up to their name.
Anyways, I go to Belo Alabang which is situated Westgate.

When we hear "BELO" the first thing that comes to our heads is "papa-retoke yan" or "it's too expensive."
Before we can avail of their products we need a consultation from the doctor which costs P600.00
My derma is Dra. Mina who's totally friendly as well. She made sure that I get the best at the same time most affordable treatments (because prescription depends on the judgment of the derma).
You pay P600.00 only once and the rest of your follow-up consultations are waived of or becomes FREE. Whatta deal right?

Take note, this is NOT A PAID AD. I just wanna be able to help those who have the same throes with me.

Dra. Mina explained to me how we get acne. The oilier your face is the more prone you are. Our skin naturally sheds and when oil and bacteria becomes trapped inside, it becomes infected thus resulting to acne. That is why we have to exfoliate to be able to unclog our pores especially from the dead skin cells that have been shed.


The following are the prescriptions for my case (nevermind the Garnier and UA whitening cream above) and I've been using them for a year now. I've also been keeping track how long each product lasts and found out the value for the money:

1. GLYCOLIC SOAP (10%) - P300.00
I started with 2 bars of 5% Glycolic soap. Afterwards, the other doctor that I've consulted with prescribed this one with a higher concentration.
Glycolic Acid helps greatly in the exfoliation of skin, can help diminish blemishes and dry pimples.
*I use this day and night.
It can be cut to 6 pieces and can last for 6 months.

2. ACNE ASTRINGENT - P500.00
Contains Clindamycin which is an anti-bacterial agent that fights pimples!
*Use in the morning and at night with a cotton ball after washing with Glycolic soap.
Lasts for 8 mos. & 19 days

3. ACNE DRYING CREAM - P700.00
Contains Benzoyl Peroxide which helps dry pimples really fast!
* Before I used to put this M-W-F all over my face at nighttime. Since my skin is better, I just do a spot-on treatment where there are zits or acne.
Lasts for 5 mos. & 20 days

4. DLC PEELING CREAM - P1,300.00
Contains a really small amount of Tretinoin. It treats mild-moderate acne and prevents premature skin aging.
I didn't experience peeling, if there was it's definitely not visible and won't show cracks with your foundie on.
* I used this T-TH-SAT until now.
Lasts for more than a year. I bought this last January 8,2014 and I still have some today. Still my first purchase.
As with all Tretinoins there would be a purging stage wherein pimples from underneath your skin will resurface. I did breakout for a few months but I didn't lose hope. This is where your facial comes in. I was prescribed to do a regular Glycopeel cleaning treatment which costs 1,200 pesos. I didn't want to do this at first since I already paid a lot and hoped to maintain only with topicals. But, when I underwent this treatment for the first time, my breakouts STOPPED. The topicals worked faster and more effectively afterwards. 
Doing regular cleanings is VERY IMPORTANT. My face was radiant and smooth after the treatment and didn't leave any scars on my face when it healed.

5. TYROSINASE INHIBITOR - P400.00
Inhibits the formation of Tyrosinase which is responsible for discolorations or blemishes on the face.
* T-TH-SAT it is mixed with DLC peeling cream. 1/2 + 1/2 of each on your fingertip.
Bought last April 9, 2014 - I still have it now.

6. CEBATROL BY ZEN OBAGI - P2,900
Contains 2% Salicylic Acid which dries pimples fast (esp. cystic ones) and reduces oiliness on skin. Also, diminishes pore size and fine lines which helps smoothens skin.
It has 60 circular pads which you can cut into 4 pieces to maximize its use. Used AM & PM. However, since it becomes shiny on my face I used this only at night.
Lasted 9 months for me since I cut the pads into 4 pieces.
I did not need to repurchase again. :)

MY MAINTENANCE:
To this day of February 7, 2015, I am only using the 10% Glycolic soap and, Acne Astringent. a the products I am repurchasing. That depends on me if I will repurchase DLC Peeling Cream as soon as it runs out since my skin is smooth and clear now. But, maybe I will since it helps with preventing premature aging. It's a must to exfoliate you know! :)

BREAKDOWN:
An estimate of P3,000 out of your budget for your skincare ANNUALLY.
If with DLC, that's P4,200 
Or if you want buy a Benzoyl Peroxide cream from drugstores which costs around P300-P400 only and lasts a long time equals P2,400 only without the DLC. With DLC = P3,700.

FOR FACIALS:
I go to the nearest clinic (Trimline Spa) for an RF, Cleaning, and Diamond Peel on the face when I feel like I need it. They have a promo that would cost P960 for everything. 
I will tell more about this in another blog. So, keep your eyes peeled! :) 

Another beauty product that works for 99% of the people also with me (used it for 2 years):
BEAUCHE - P750.00 for the whole set.
Much expesnive though since the products last for 1-2 months only. I am a very matipid person and 2 months is pinaka-max na. The 2 creams that runs out fast will cost you around P450.00 each every 2 months. So. thats P450 x 6 months = P2,700 ANNUALLY that's exlcuding the soap, toner and solution.

Yes, I am quite vain about this because I work as a full-time host/model that is why I have to take care of my skin and keep it young. I have other secrets which I will also tell you in my next blogs. :)

Thanks to BELO, I am no longer battling with acne! Maybe here and there when the time of the month comes but, I don't get cystic ones anymore. I can now go out with not much makeup or even a foundation on. :)

Visit http://www.belomed.com/ for more info!

WITH LITTLE TO NO MAKE-UP (no edit, taken from LG G2 selfie cam):




PORTRAIT SHOT FROM A PHOTOSHOOT (no edit, DSLR cam):




29 comments:

  1. Now following your blogs! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. your support is much appreciated! Hope this helped! Will be posting again today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aya,

    When you started using these creams ba naging reddish yung face? :/

    Thanks
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aya,

    When you started using these creams ba naging reddish yung face? :/

    Thanks
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! As for me, hindi naman. But, if you're using tretinoin kasi which is used to micropeel, there's a possiblity. Although, after the skin has adjusted it will be back to normal. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi aya. I also went to belo today and i got the same prescriptions except that I don`t have a tyrosinase inhibitor. However, since I am just a student I cant afford to purchase all of these. And from this post i notice that some just have the same functions. So what are the products that are really needed/ products that you highly recommend to buy and not to buy so that I can save money. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. depends on how severe your acne is. U can buy a different brand of tretinoin which is Derma-A 0.05% it ony costs like 300 plus. For the soap u can buy one that u know already works for you. As for me garnier pure active multi action scrub works too and the Belo kojic soap. I've discovered that products with salicylic acid as their main ingredient works for me very well. But do maintain the acne astringent from their clinic. For the sunblock im using Belo's sun expert, the one sold in markets :)

      Delete
    3. To replace d acne drying cream just buy benzoyl peroxide in the markets. The brand name is Benzac AC. Really cheap, around 200 or 300+ if i recall

      Delete
  6. Hi aya. I also went to belo today and i got the same prescriptions except that I don`t have a tyrosinase inhibitor. However, since I am just a student I cant afford to purchase all of these. And from this post i notice that some just have the same functions. So what are the products that are really needed/ products that you highly recommend to buy and not to buy so that I can save money. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi aya. I also went to belo today and i got the same prescriptions except that I don`t have a tyrosinase inhibitor. However, since I am just a student I cant afford to purchase all of these. And from this post i notice that some just have the same functions. So what are the products that are really needed/ products that you highly recommend to buy and not to buy so that I can save money. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi aya. I also went to belo today and i got the same prescriptions except that I don`t have a tyrosinase inhibitor. However, since I am just a student I cant afford to purchase all of these. And from this post i notice that some just have the same functions. So what are the products that are really needed/ products that you highly recommend to buy and not to buy so that I can save money. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi aya! I also went to Belo and im on my first few days of my acne treatment. Is the glycopeel facial your only procedure??coz i have to come back every week for the glycopeel treatment.and it cost me so much.is it worth it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glycopeel is worth it! However, I didn't follow the monthly treatments as well. I only went there if I feel like I have too and of im already breaking out. But i do suggest u take d first treatment because it helped stop my breakouts and gave me a glowing skin after :)

      Delete
  10. Hi aya! I also went to Belo and im on my first few days of my acne treatment. Is the glycopeel facial your only procedure??coz i have to come back every week for the glycopeel treatment.and it cost me so much.is it worth it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you look amazing! Is it really so magic? I wanna have a try now.
    I know a kind of cosmetic peptide. Have you heard about it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi aya. Pwede parin ba ako mag apply ng powder kahit gumagamit ako ng belo ? Or nag tetreat pa ako sa pimples ko? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi aya. Pwede parin ba ako mag apply ng powder kahit gumagamit ako ng belo ? Or nag tetreat pa ako sa pimples ko? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course sis! You can go about ur daily normal routine as we treat pimples. For us acne prone skin, maintaining it with topical meds is already part of a lifetsyle. If you already have a routine that's effective, stick with it. Because there is no cure to acne but only good maintenance and control.

      Delete
  15. Hoping for simple skincare steps with complete effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll be blogging about DIY and home remedies soon! :D

      Delete
  16. Hi! I am also using the same program and meds with Belo. Indeed so expensive haha! You mentioned about the beauche, how was it? I am thinking if i should switch to less expensive facials and just buy the belo prescriptives. Any suggestions? I am using this for almost 5 weeks and my skin is still super oily, few pimples and acne marks 😞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Beauche is effective against pimples however doenst give me the "glow" that I want. I'm currently using lanelle. Ive noticed my skin to look younger and glowing! Plus, I rarely get pimples now. Only during time of the month but it's not even that bad. I never changed my routine since then. I'll blog about it soon.

      Delete
  17. Hi Aya. I was just wondering if how long did it take for those medications to work and heal your pimples especially acne marks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. depends on the severity of your case. for belo it took me a month. because i started purging from tretinoin and it wouldnt stop. it turned out i had to also do glycopeel cleaning as the doctor recommended. when i tried it once after a month, the purging stopped. and my pimples started to dry up from there.
      as for marks, if it's too deep and untreated for a long time, it could take a year or prolly pbe permanent. go for laser resurfacing, they work wonders. read about it here on my blog as well on how revlite worked for me.

      Delete
  18. Hi Aya. I was just wondering if how long did it take for those medications to work and heal your pimples especially acne marks?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi aya. I've been using also belo prescriptives acne treatment program for about a week.However,i noticed that after a week there's dryness and and like discolaration in my chin. Its like burn. Is it normal? Thank you

    ReplyDelete