Saturday, May 6, 2017

Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte REVIEW

Hey gals! We all are aware of the BB cushion rave this season! So, introducing one of Maybelline's newest foundation: Super BB cushion in Fresh Matte! It comes in two shades: 03 Natural and 02 Light. I got mine in 02 Light which is the lightest shade.


It comes in their color motif of course and I love how the actual case looks so classy with its glossy turquoise green and ivory.

Time to open the lid!
It's pretty organized I must say with a 2nd lid to separate the sponge from the actual product content:

The foundation itself is mildly scented which is non-bothersome.

The description on the back says:
SUPER BB FRESH MATTE CUSHION is our 1st BB matte cushion: Mattifying high coverage yet fresh and hydrating!
For the 1st time, mattifying agents & correcting minerals meet moisture agents in a soft cushion, for a flawless matte look that no longer feels dry and look flat. 
Now dimensional-perfect matte look is just a tap-tap away!

***
You know I've always been wanting to experience what's all the rave on BB cushion's about. So, I finally decided to buy one. It is quite difficult to find non-dewy types since it originally came from that purpose. Koreans are known for having that glossy and transparent look, way different from western style of makeup. No contours and very simple prettified look for our Asian counterparts. 

Reason why I bought this is because I was searching for a sheer, no makeup makeup look - something that will just even out my skin tone and cover eyebags. Since, my skin got better and I no longer need the heavy arsenals or full coverage. Certainly great for everyday just-going-out-to-the-market/mall look!

PROS:

* It's more leaned towards a semi-matte finish which is still a good thing. Good for those with oily skin. We definitely are in no need of more oils up there! :))

* Easy to apply, just like patting on powder! 

* Quick retouch because of the design rather than squeezing out products from tubes.

* It has sunblock too. Woohoo! SPF 25/PA + 

* It' still on SALE! I got mine from Landmark for 650.00 php. Original price is actually 750.00, you get 100 pesos off! what's more it's also on SALE in www.beautyMNL.com

* It's pretty affordable (as all Maybelline products are; good-quality AND affordable). Compared to most that starts from 1,000 ++ up. Ouch! 

* Can go with or without powder.

* DOES NOT CAKE even after sweating hard (unless you have powder foundie on top)

* Skin soooo soft, relaxed, glowy and smooth after removing foundation. BB creams do live up to their claims of nourishing skin underneath while giving us the coverage we need. So awesome right! Skin care and cosmetic in one.

* NO WHITE CAST since it's just SPF 25.

* Looks good and glowy even at nighttime.

* It didn't break me out

* Doesn't make you look like an "espasol" wherein your face gets ghost whiter than your neck unlike other BB cushions.

CONS:
* Still a tad bit shiny after minutes of application esp. on nose area which I had to apply pressed powder to set the product.

* Sheer coverage only. Won't completely cover up eyebags and blemishes. However,
Accdg. to beautyMNL.com, it's a BUILDABLE coverage. I've tried around the underye circles and a second layer helps. As with blemishes, not so much. Also, they did mention it being DIMENSIONAL, not so sure if  I noticed any of that in my snaps.

* I can still see my pores on cam. 

* Default sponge from product creates crease because of it's thin edge. Better to use a beauty blender or a wedge sponge.

PICTURES TIME!
No filter included

FACE WITHOUT MAKEUP


WITH MAYBELLINE SUPER BB CUSHION IN FRESH MATTE 02 LIGHT and FINISHING POWDER (see how natural it looks and shade is not far from my real skin tone?)




Conclusion:

Overall I am very happy with it. Just the thought of me getting to put it on excites me! Because not only it gives me just the right amount of natural coverage I need, it nourishes my skin underneath. Perfect for everyday Ima-do-errands-look. Tbh though, I get to use it also for my events since I do full-time hosting and modeling. Just build it up, use concealer and set powder foundation or pressed powder as finishing touch. The pictures above are taken before my hosting gig for Nestle at World Trade Center. Just your sweet girl-next-door peg! :D

Thank you for reading! Feel free to share or post your thoughts below! xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment